Allied Newslines

Axis Newslines

Battleground Blockbusters

News from CRS

Every rifle counts

Current Campaign - 62
Campaign 61 - Allied victory
?
?
Campaign 58 - Axis Victory
Campaign records

Report for duty to this first-person, online action game where players choose to fight alongsid and against thousands of other players on the battlefields of western europe. Grab a rifle and experience heart-stopping infantry action or choose to advance your skills in one of dozens of accurately modeled combat vehicles, naval vessels or aircraft. Succeed and help the cause of the Allied or Axis forces. Fail and watch your side get pushed back and struggle for a foothold. Features the armies, vehicles, weapons and equipment found on the battlefields of Western lEurope 1939-1942.

2007-07-10

From the past

Axis News dug out an old story from the disbanded squad Kampfgruppe Meyer Hoffbrau.

Tollwut tells the story (un-edited): " Shamus ,Ibra, Bark , and I took some 232s from Binche to Maub , first I think Shamus ctd then I rolled one, barks laptop locked up on him he rebooted.by this time shamus had got another 1 , so did I, then bark got back we moved up to the af , me and ibra ne bark and shamus Nw. we were hurting some planes when shamus's gunner died so he started playing bumper cars. I think shamus got killed by ai , then a s35 came out Ibra and I boked some butt from Ne side , think bark got it by then , then Ibra, I was running from the af and rolled it completely over, landing on my wheels , man what luck.
I then headed back to binches and was almost there when an Alllied tree tripped me and I rolled over on the side.But when I despawned I had 1 kill 7 damaged and a mission success."

And one from vHessen:
They just don't know when to quit! When I first logged on tonight, I cranked up the trusty ole 38t in the Signy E AB and set off to the NE toward Liart. Taveling about 500m E of the N/S road to Liart, I stopped about 250m NE of the first turn and took up an ambush position. About 10 minutes later, a lone S35 came bumbling down the road on it's way to Signy. I waited until he turned S and then low and behold, he stopped. Okay, I figured he was checking the road or waitng for another ET so I held my fire. 5 minutes later, he was still sitting there so I gave him 3 AP. He immediately smoked and despawned.

About that time, fattyj reported ET's N NW of Signy so I turned back to the SE and proceeded to a position about 800m NW of Signy where I could watch the road. Sure enough a Char, S35 and R35 were about 200m N and 50m W of the N road out of town. I watched to make sure they hadn't noticed my approach, checked the road to my 9oc and slammed the 38t in gear. Once I was about 200m directly N of them I turned S, put the 38t in 2nd gear and opened the throttle. Closing to within about 50m of the Char, I put2 AP in the rear turret hatch and 1 in the radiator as I passed to his left side. Then, I rotated the turret to my 1oc and fired on the R35 missing on the first shot but placing the next 2 sqaurely in the back of his turret from about 30m. He spun hard left and the 4th round smoked the engine.

Passing him, I next engaged the S35 which by now was looking; only problem was, he was looking W. I popped back to the driver position and corrected my course to pass him on his left side and returned to the gun. At about 20m, I gave him 1 shot to the turret and 1 to his engine upon which he despawned. Wheeew! I'm thinking myself, now THAT was fun! Three ET's dispatched in about 35 seconds only now, I begin to take hits.

I cut between two trees and pointed the tank at the AB about 250m away. Going back to the gun, I rotated the turret to see yet another S35 barreling down on my 6oc. Well, he was definately not very good at firing on the move so I returned fire, and missed! I was beginning to get concerned when as luck would have it, I hit a bump or something about the time I fired the 2nd round and hit his left track! He spun wildly to my right so I immediately jammed on the brakes, went back to my gun and gave him 2 well placed shots. I guess he had suffered enough because he despawned.

I rolled back into the Signy W AB and despawned. It was kinda funny because there were 4-5 Grens just standing at the N AB gate in the wide open where I guess they had been watching the whole time! One guy said "vHessen, don't retreat!" LOL! I almost fell outa my chair! On despawn I got credit for 5 kills; 1 Char, 3 S35's, 1 R35 and a well earned mission success. WOOT!

Gentlemen, this is a true story and a testiment to the effectiveness of speed, maneuver, cunning, stubornness and a good measure of old fashioned luck. I rarely see panzers firing on the move, but I am here to tell you that it can be done and with a little practice, done with devistating effect! It's not something however, that I would recommend outside of 100m. You'ld better have nerves of steel and tungsten balls before you try this but if you want a pure adrenalin rush, there aint nothing in the game that even comes close; IMHO.

No comments:

Twitter / corneredrats

After Action Reports

Jun 30 12:41 A-20 uses ground Intel Sgt Usaf77 (UK/AF)
Jun 30 03:50 Ballsukin Sgt Kauhu88 (DE/NV)
Jun 29 01:51 death from above!! Maj Fox403 (UK/AR)
Jun 28 16:44 Defence of Grobbendonk, 28/06 Lt Lowe (UK/AR)
Jun 27 19:50 Prum ZOC Corp Reptard (UK/AR)
Jun 27 15:34 Liberation of Losheim Capt Weiker (DE/AR)
Jun 26 21:01 111 bombs now even kill? Corp Kauhu88 (DE/AF)
Jun 23 01:55 Bombs away! Lnc Corp Welly (UK/AF)
Jun 22 18:54 7 down, 493 to go... Lt Col Madplan0 (DE/AR)
Jun 22 01:14 Jarny Combat Air Patrol -- Jun... Maj Infinity (UK/AF)
Jun 20 12:59 jackpot Sgt Maj Karas (FR/AR)
Jun 19 11:50 Knife Kill on LMG Maj Speed68 (UK/AR)
Jun 19 11:26 Big win... untimate battle 2nd Lt Bzrdbird (DE/AR)
Jun 18 04:46 Allied infantry push for St. T... Capt Rampski (DE/AR)
Jun 15 08:37 Woo rammed Sgt Vanowen (DE/AF)
Jun 14 22:15 Pot Shots Pvt Channelcat (FR/AR)
Jun 14 19:44 The Battling Bastards of Bouil... QM Sgt Rabidx (DE/AR)

Promote From the Front

Add this to your post in a forum:

[url=http://prkorps.blogspot.com][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Svedala/ftfads.jpg[/IMG][/url]


From the Front brought to you by
Svedala

News articles

Battleground Blockbusters


Check out Battleground Europe videos in our Video Section.

What other MMO's do you play?

From the history

See

Rage

Reviews on Battleground Europe

Must see

This template made by and copyright Christine's Blog Templates.